Candlestick Terms of Service
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in The Shipyard Communities, LLC (“TSC,” “we,” or “us”) and our website at www.candlesticksf.com, along with our related websites, networks, applications, mobile applications, and other services provided by us (collectively, the “Service”). These Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between you and TSC regarding your use of the Service.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY.
BY CLICKING “I ACCEPT,” OR BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND, AS A CONDITION TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THESE “TERMS”). If you are not eligible, or do not agree to the Terms, then you do not have our permission to use the Service. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, AND TSC’S PROVISION OF THE SERVICE TO YOU, CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY TSC AND BY YOU TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
Arbitration NOTICE. Except for certain kinds of disputes described in Section 11.3, you agree that disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved by binding, individual arbitration, and BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU AND TSC ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court). Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. (See Section 11)
1. Service Overview. The Service provides users with general information about our properties and communities located at Candlestick in San Francisco, California.
2. Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Service; and (c) your registration and your use of the Service is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations. If you are an entity, organization, or company, the individual accepting these Terms on your behalf represents and warrants that they have authority to bind you to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms.
3. Accounts and Registration. To access most features of our mobile application, you must register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as your name, email address, telephone number or other contact information. You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at email@example.com.
4.1 Limited License. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, TSC grants you, solely for your personal, non-commercial use, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to: (a) install and use one object code copy of any mobile application associated with the Service obtained from a legitimate marketplace on a mobile device that you own or control; and (b) access and use the Service.
4.2 Feedback. If you choose to provide input or suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Service or Materials (defined in Section 4) (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant TSC an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), royalty-free and worldwide right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose without any credit due to you or other restrictions, including to improve the Service and create other products and services.
5. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Service is owned and operated by TSC. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, floor plans, drawings, photographs, videos, site plans, building renderings, neighborhood maps, computer generated or enhanced depictions of neighborhoods, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service (“Materials”) provided by TSC are protected by intellectual property and other laws. All Materials included in the Service are the property of TSC or its third party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by TSC, you may not make use of the Materials. TSC reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
6. User Content
- User Content Generally. Certain features of the Service may permit users to upload content to the Service, including comments, reviews, photos, video, images, data, text, and other types of works (“User Content”) and to publish User Content on the Service. You retain any copyright and other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you post to the Service.
- Limited License Grant to TSC. By providing User Content to or via the Service, you grant TSC a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify for the purpose of formatting for display, and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels now known or hereafter developed.
- Limited License Grant to Other Users. By providing User Content to or via the Service to other users of the Service, you grant those users a non-exclusive license to access and use that User Content as permitted by these Terms and the functionality of the Service.
- User Content Representations and Warranties. TSC disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of providing User Content via the Service. By providing User Content via the Service, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
a. you are the creator and owner of the User Content, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to authorize TSC and users of the Service to use and distribute your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section, in the manner contemplated by TSC, the Service, and these Terms;
b. your User Content, and the use of your User Content as contemplated by these Terms, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (iii) cause TSC to violate any law or regulation; and
c. your User Content could not be deemed by a reasonable person to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate.
- User Content Disclaimer. We are under no obligation to edit or control User Content that you or other users post or publish, and will not be in any way responsible or liable for User Content. TSC may, however, at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit, or block any User Content that in our sole judgment violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable. You understand that when using the Service you will be exposed to User Content from a variety of sources and acknowledge that User Content may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree to waive, and do waive, any legal or equitable right or remedy you have or may have against TSC with respect to User Content. If notified by a user or content owner that User Content allegedly does not conform to these Terms, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove the User Content, which we reserve the right to do at any time and without notice. For clarity, TSC does not permit copyright-infringing activities on the Service.
7. Third Party Terms
- Third Party Services and Linked Websites. TSC may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information, including User Content, to third party services. By using one of these tools, you agree that TSC may transfer that information to the applicable third party service. Third party services are not under TSC’s control, and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, TSC is not responsible for any third party service’s use of your exported information. The Service may also contain links to third party websites. Linked websites are not under TSC’s control, and TSC is not responsible for their content.
- Third Party Software. The Service may include or incorporate third party software components that are generally available free of charge under licenses granting recipients broad rights to copy, modify, and distribute those components (“Third Party Components”). Although the Service is provided to you subject to these Terms, nothing in these Terms prevents, restricts, or is intended to prevent or restrict you from obtaining Third Party Components under the applicable third party licenses or to limit your use of Third Party Components under those third party licenses.
8. Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE NOT TO:
a. reproduce, distribute, publicly display, or publicly perform the Site or the Materials;
b. make modifications to the Service;
c. use the Service or any Materials for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
d. violate, or encourage others to violate, any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third party intellectual property right;
e. interfere with security-related features of the Service, including by: (i) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content; or (ii) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of any portion of the Service except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
f. interfere with the operation of the Service or any user’s enjoyment of the Service, including by: (i) uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code; (ii) making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Service; (iii) collecting personal information about another user or third party without consent; or (iv) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Service;
g. perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming a false affiliation, accessing any other Service account without permission;
h. sell or otherwise transfer the access granted under these Terms or any Materials or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Materials; or
i. attempt to do any of the acts described in this Section 5 or assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the acts described in this Section 5.
9. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- DMCA Notification. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512, as amended). If you have an intellectual property rights-related complaint about material posted on the Service, you may contact our Designated Agent at the following address:
The Shipyard Communities, LLC
ATTN: Legal Department (Copyright Notification)
15131 Alton Parkway, 4th Floor
Irvine, CA 92618
Any notice alleging that materials hosted by or distributed through the Service infringe intellectual property rights must comply include the following information:
a. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right being infringed;
b. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
c. a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the Service;
d. your address, telephone number, and email address;
e. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the materials on the Service of which you are complaining is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
g. Repeat Infringers. TSC will promptly terminate the accounts of users that are determined by TSC to be repeat infringers.
10. Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. If a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, we may require that you accept the modified Terms in order to continue to use the Service. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Except as expressly permitted in this Section 6, these Terms may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of the parties to these Terms. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
11. Term, Termination and Modification of the Service
11.1 Term. These Terms are effective beginning when you accept the Terms, first contact us, or use the Service, whichever occurs first, and these Terms no longer apply when terminated as described in Section 7.2.
11.2 Termination. If you violate any provision of these Terms, your authorization to access the Service and the Materials automatically terminates. In addition, TSC may, at its sole discretion, terminate these Terms or suspend or terminate your access to the Service or Materials, at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice.
11.3 Effect of Termination. Upon termination of these Terms: (a) your license rights will terminate and you must immediately cease all use of the Service and Materials; and (b) Sections 4.2, 5, 11.3, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 will survive.
11.4 Modification of the Service. TSC reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service and access to the Materials at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service), temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. TSC will have no liability for any such changes or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service or Materials.
12. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you will defend and indemnify TSC and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (together, the “TSC Entities”) from and against every claim brought by a third party, and any related liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or connected with: (a) your unauthorized use of, or misuse of, the Service or any Materials; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right; or (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of those claims.
13. Disclaimers; No Warranties
THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. Drawings, pictures, photographs, video, square footages, floor plans, elevations, features, colors and sizes are approximate AND for illustration purposes only and will vary from the PROPERTIES as built. FIVE POINT DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY OF ANY PHOTOGRAPHS OR ARTIST’S RENDERINGS ON THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE OR PROPOSED ROADS, EASEMENTS, LAND USES, CONDITIONS, PLAT MAPS, LOT SIZES OR LAYOUTS, ZONING, UTILITIES, DRAINAGE, LAND CONDITIONS, OR DEVELOPMENT OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER. YOU SHOULD NEVER RELY ON THE ACCURACY OF THE FOREGOING OR THE MATERIALS IN MAKING ANY DECISIONS RELATIVE TO PURCHASING ANY PROPERTY. property prices refer to the base price of the house and do not include options or premiums, unless otherwise indicated for a specific home. TSC IS NOT DESIGNING, CONSTRUCTING OR OFFERING HOMES FOR SALE.
TSC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. TSC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND TSC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
THE SERVICE AND THE RELATED LINKS DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER TO SELL REAL PROPERTY. OFFERS TO SELL PROPERTY MAY BE MADE AND ACCEPTED ONLY AT THE SALES CENTER FOR INDIVIDUAL COMMUNITIES. NEITHER THE SERVICE NOR ANY MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SERVICE WILL BE CONSTRUCTED AS LEGAL, ACCOUNTING, OR TAX ADVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE OR TSC ENTITIES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE TSC ENTITIES OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE SERVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE) OR ANY LOSS OF DATA.
All MATERIALS are posted on this site for illustration purposes only and do not in any way indicate any preference, limitation or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation or discrimination.
THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TSC does not disclaim any warranty or other right that TSC is prohibited from disclaiming under applicable law.
14. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE TSC ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY TSC ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE TSC ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO $100.
EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE ENTITIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE ENTITIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 10 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
15. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
15.1 Generally. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and TSC in the most expedient and cost effective manner, and except as described in Section 15.2 and 15.3, you and TSC agree that every dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND SHIPYARD COMMUNITIESARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
15.2 Exceptions. Despite the provisions of Section 15.1, nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either party to: (a) bring an individual action in small claims court; (b) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (c) seek injunctive relief in a court of law in aid of arbitration; or (d) to file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
- Opt-Out. If you do not wish to resolve disputes by binding arbitration, you may opt out of the provisions of this Section 15 within 30 days after the date that you agree to these Terms by sending a letter to The Shipyard Communities, LLC, Attention: Legal Department – Arbitration Opt-Out, 15131 Alton Parkway, 4th Floor, Irvine, CA 92618 that specifies: your full legal name, the email address associated with your account on the Service, and a statement that you wish to opt out of arbitration (“Opt-Out Notice”). Once TSC receives your Opt-Out Notice, this Section 15 will be void and any action arising out of these Terms will be resolved as set forth in Section 2. The remaining provisions of these Terms will not be affected by your Opt-Out Notice.
15.4 Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and TSC will be settled under the Federal Arbitration Act and administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (collectively, “AAA Rules”) as modified by these Terms. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting TSC. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
15.5 Notice of Arbitration; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by certified U.S. Mail or by Federal Express (signature required) or, only if that other party has not provided a current physical address, then by electronic mail (“Notice of Arbitration”). TSC’s address for Notice of Arbitration is: The Shipyard Communities, LLC, 15131 Alton Parkway, 4th Floor, Irvine, CA 92618. The Notice of Arbitration must: (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice of Arbitration is received, you or TSC may commence an arbitration proceeding. All arbitration proceedings between the parties will be confidential unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or TSC must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If the arbitrator awards you an amount higher than the last written settlement amount offered by TSC in settlement of the dispute prior to the award, TSC will pay to you the higher of: (i) the amount awarded by the arbitrator; or (ii) $10,000.
15.6 Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, TSC will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in San Francisco County, California, but if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (a) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (b) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (c) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse TSC for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
15.7 No Class Actions. YOU AND SHIPYARD COMMUNITIES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and TSC agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
15.8 Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. If TSC makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to TSC’s address for Notice of Arbitration, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to TSC’s address for Notice of Arbitration, in which case your account with TSC will be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected will survive.
15.9 Enforceability. If Section 15.7 or the entirety of this Section 15 is found to be unenforceable, or if TSC receives an Opt-Out Notice from you, then the entirety of this Section 15 will be null and void and, in that case, the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 18.2 will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
16. Forward Looking Statements. This Service may contain forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements concern expectations, beliefs, projections, plans and strategies, anticipated events or trends and similar expressions concerning matters that are not historical facts. When used, the words “anticipate,” “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “might,” “plan,” “estimate,” “project,” “should,” “will,” “would,” “result” and similar expressions that do not relate solely to historical matters are intended to identify forward-looking statements. We caution you that any forward-looking statements included in this Service are based on our current views and information currently available to us. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks, trends, uncertainties and factors that are beyond our control. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated, estimated or projected. We caution you therefore against relying on any of these forward-looking statements. While forward-looking statements reflect our good faith beliefs, they are not guarantees of future performance. They are based on estimates and assumptions only as of the date hereof. We undertake no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, new information, data or methods, future events or other changes, except as required by applicable law.
17. Links to Other Websites and/or Materials. Hypertext or other computer “links” may appear on this Service that may be used to link to other website(s), including websites operated by other parties. These links are provided as a courtesy to Service visitors. TSC has no control over the linked websites or the materials, site plans, building renderings, floor plans, neighborhood maps, aerial photos, neighborhood photos, and/or enhanced descriptions of neighborhoods, other illustrations and other information, goods or services available or contained on these linked websites, including their privacy practices and terms and conditions of use. TSC is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked websites or any privacy or other practices of such websites and TSC disclaims all liability with respect to your access to, use of, or transactions or other interaction with those linked websites. If you decide to access any of the linked websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
18.2 Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law principles. You and TSC submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within San Francisco County, California. for resolution of any lawsuit or court proceeding permitted under these Terms. We operate the Service from our offices in California, and we make no representation that Materials included in the Service are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
18.4 Additional Terms. Your use of the Service is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to from the Service or otherwise communicate to you (the “Additional Terms”). All Additional Terms are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between any Additional Terms and these Terms, these Terms will control.
18.5 Equal Housing Opportunity. TSC is pledged to equal housing opportunity and provides housing without discrimination or other limitation based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.
18.7 Contact Information. The Service is offered by The Shipyard Communities, LLC located at 15131 Alton Parkway, 4th Floor, Irvine, CA 92618. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18.8 No Support. We are under no obligation to provide support for the Service. In instances where we may offer support, the support will be subject to published policies.
18.9 International Use. The Service is intended for visitors located within the United States. We make no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Access to the Service from countries or territories or by individuals where such access is illegal is prohibited.
19. Notice Regarding Apple. This Section 17 only applies to the extent you are using our mobile application on an iOS device. You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and TSC only, not with Apple Inc. (“Apple”), and Apple is not responsible for the Service or the content thereof. Apple has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Service. If the Service fails to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund any applicable purchase price for the mobile application to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation with respect to the Service. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Service or your possession and/or use of the Service, including: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; or (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third party claim that the Service and/or your possession and use of the Service infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third party terms when using the Service. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary of these Terms. You hereby represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.